- Informationgraphics in context (2010)Concept
The project deals with data from a list of the social related interests of the Danish people. The list is the result of an opinion poll from a major consultancy company in Denmark. I have used the context of specific opinion polls within each interest to shape and design diagrams. By doing so the receiver understands more layers of information about the data.
- Interest no. 4 is refugees and immigrants. The focus of the interest deals with whether or not the Danes think its ethical to wear religious symbols in public professions. I have used the looks and appearances of traditional religious symbols to design the diagrams explaining the data.
- Interests no. 5 is health and healthcare. The focus of the interest deals with the Danes fear of the H1N1 flu and whether they think the Danish healthcare system can handle an epidemic. At the pharmaceutical faculty at the University of Copenhagen I worked with microorganisms to design the diagrams explaining the data.
- Interest no. 6 is Law and order. The focus of the interest deals with gang related crime and whether the Danes have changed behavior because of it. I have used barrier tape as a continuous design element and I have used a persons pattern of behavior and urban space to design the diagrams explaining the data.
To implement the visual concept and the associated experiments I chose the statistic yearbook as a platform for communication. I designed a box set containing 10 booklets containing information about the interest and the focus of the interest.
- By doing so, the receiver can both get an overview of the list of the social related interests and get detailed information about each of the 10 interest
- The back of each booklet has a poster containing selected data from the opinion poll
- Close-ups of the posters