is a project by Happycentro in collaboration with Sabadì that talks about food, but not only: it talks about flavour with a capital F and about intrinsic Italian quality and talent.
Starting off with chocolate as our recurring theme, eight food craftsmen were put around a table; these food craftsmen are dedicated pioneers in design, applying method and passion, and they analyze problems of production, do meticulous research on raw materials, and, consequently, develop their products as complex projects.
Each one of them has been on their own specific professional path for years, and some of their paths are rather radical, sometimes against the mainstream, following their conviction thoroughly, coherently, with a clear vision of what they want, and awakening the interest of the press and experts in the sector. They are innovators, although many of them dedicate themselves to research and the recuperating of ancient methods. Indeed, we consider them to be designers.
- This thought on the subject of respecting nature, comparing and contrasting the various approaches, journeying through the realms of flavour and fragrance, and trying to stimulate all of the senses, shows once again how the world of food and the world of graphic design together possess extraordinary potential for expression. Innovation derives from the collective process, which, on one hand, is in connection with locality, humanity, integration and sharing, and, on the other, has to do with technology which is useful for both mankind and the environment.
The artisan chocolate of Modica Sabadì is the leitmotiv, around which eight food pairings were created, along with the same number of interpreters of quality, giving life to a new flavour experience expressed in the form of recipes. Intelligence, radicated in the hands of artisans, enters the crowded kitchen of eight brilliant food bloggers, giving life to sixteen recipes interpreted and translated into images by sixteen Italian graphic designers.
16 recipes, 32 posters, 1 book, 1 Taste Alphabet, 1 exhibition.
Emblematic location of this journey is an old Florence station, the Leopolda Station, theatre today of one of the most important food fairs in Italy, Taste by Pitti Immagine.
The 9th, 10th e 11th of March the flavour train stops in Florence.
- We want to say THANKS to everyone who took part in this project!
- Food MakersCIOCCOLATO: Simone Sabaini — VINO: Arianna Occhipinti — BIRRA: Baladin - Teo Musso — CAFFÈ: www.caffelelli.com — RISO: Riserva San Massimo — PIZZA: Simone Padoan —
Claudia Magistro — Ornella Daricello — Sandra Salerno — Paola Sucato — Alessia Bianchi —
Simona Cherubini — Ramona Pizzano — Lucia Arlandini
DesignersMister Gatto, Urbino — Marco Goran Romano, Milano — Daniele Frattolin, Treviso — Studio Iknoki, Treviso — Laura Cattaneo, Milano — Sarah Mazzetti, Bologna — Simone Massoni, Firenze — Gloria Pizzilli, Firenze — Filippo Taveri + Simona Gallo, Monopoli — La Tigre, Milano — Two, Udine
- The Printing Process
- COMPOSITION IN
Alfabeto Del Gusto Irregular
PANTONE 4625 U
PANTONE 172 U
PANTONE 109 U
PANTONE 3263 U
Centaure Naturale 135 grm2 (Arjowiggins)
Selena New Ivory 100 grm2 (Distribuzione Burgo)
PRINTED & BOUND BY
Studio Fasoli Verona
MANY THANKS TO
Red Publishing Bologna, Italy
To discover the entire project take a look at:
- The Exhibition at Taste 8 - Firenze
- Taste Firenze By Pitti Immagine
Taste is the fair dedicated to excellence in taste and food lifestyles.Taste is the Italian fair dedicated to good eating and good living attended by the top figures in the international gastronomic and catering trade as well as an increasingly growing public of passionate foodies.
More than 13,500 visitors over the three days dedicated to taste at the Stazione Leopolda in Florence